Bully Prevention Program
At Reynolds Elementary, we want all students to be safe, happy, and productive in their school environment. In recent years, however, bullying behaviors among children appear to be on the rise. According to Texas House Bill 283, bullying is defined as engaging in written or verbal expression or physical conduct that "will have the effect of physically harming a student, damaging a student's property, or placing a student in reasonable fear of harm" or "is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive enough that the action or threat creates an intimidating, threatening, or abusive educational environment for a student."
Conduct described as bullying also:
Exploits an imbalance of power between the bully and victim, interferes with a student’s education OR substantially disrupts the operation of a school.
We wish to make a concerted effort to reduce bully-type behaviors in our school. Please visit the Texas School Safety Center website for additional information.
Bully Buster Student Agreement
1. We will NOT bully other students.
2. We will help students who are bullied.
3. We will include all students who are easily left out.
4. When we know someone is being bullied, we will report it to an adult.
Ways to Report
1. Tell a teacher, an administrator, or the counselor
2. Complete a Bully Report in the office
3. Have a parent/guardian contact the school