Bus Rules and Safety Tips
FISD School Bus Rules and Safety Tips
We Drive with Pride!
Students: Remember to Ride with Pride!
At FISD, we want to make sure your child’s trip to and from school is as enjoyable as possible. We all play a role in achieving this goal. In order to get your child to school safe, on-time, and ready to learn, it’s important that he or she understands the school bus safety rules. Please discuss the rules listed below with your child prior to the start of school.
- FISD School Rules and Policies are in effect while riding
- Stay in your seat – seats may be assigned
- Don’t be destructive
- Be courteous
- Cooperate with the driver
- Keep the noise level down
- Keep head, hands, and feet inside the bus
- Don’t throw things inside the bus or out the windows
- No eating or drinking on the bus
- Keep the bus clean
- No smoking or tobacco on the bus
- Stay out of the “Danger Zone”—anywhere within 10 feet of the bus
- Don’t ever try to get anything you left on the bus after you have already gotten off. We’ll do our best to ensure personal property is returned.
- Don’t try to pick up anything dropped underneath the bus—things can be replaced, children can’t!
- Always follow the driver’s directions about how to cross the street. Be alert to traffic, look both ways, and always walk in front of the bus.
- Report any violations to your bus driver, teacher, or campus principal.